Sunday, April 20, 2008

in love


We have been without a working washing machine for over a week. Between trying to order parts to fix the one we had and realizing the cost of parts and labor would almost equal a new machine, we just broke down and bought a new one. 
Let me just say, in a house with 3 children and 2 adults... not having a washing machine for 10 days is a HUGE. When that lovely new machine rolled in today, it was love at first site. Never in my life did I think I would be happy to do laundry! In between loads (five and counting) and folding, I created this little sketch. It's a representation of my "happy dance" to the tune of a wash cycle on our new (and most importantly) working washing machine. 
Now, go hug your washing machine.

3 comments:

Diana Evans said...

hahaha...very cute illustration and I can imagine how happy you are with the new machine...I am heading to put in a load...lol

Stacy said...

What a great illustration! We were once without a dryer for a week and that was bad enough. Everything had to be hung on a drying rack so we were washing very small loads! When the dryer was fixed we did a very similar happy dance. :)

jcdillustration said...

I hear ya! It's almost better'n a $300 clothes shopping spree!