Saturday, April 26, 2008

Inspire Me Thursday - Medical


What a great theme at Inspire Me Thursday this week, Medical, so open to interpretation. For my piece of art, the idea was immediately came to mind. A mothers love.

I can recall being soothed by my mom so many times growing up, and am proud to say that as a mom myself, I have taken care of a number of bumps, bruises, tummy aches and tears. I am lucky to say that several scrapes and cuts are the extent of what I have had to deal with, but I do have friends that are dealing with much worse. Regardless of your own situation, I think that many people would agree, there is nothing quite like a mothers love to make the pain go away. 

This sketch is a little salute to all the moms (and mr. moms) in the world. A parent's love provides strength, courage and even healing, when it's needed most. 

8 comments:

april nance said...

Your illustration is beautiful. I think you have warmly captured a mother's love. As a mother who loves to comfort her kids and a daughter who has often been comforted herself, I wholeheartedly agree.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

what a beautiful piece and sentiment...so true about being soothed by Mom....your work is lovely....

Bee said...

This is a beautiful sketch and has captured a Mother's love so well.

Deb G said...

Very sweet!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for the kind responses. I was happy with the general feeling of this piece but a bit critical of the "flatness" of the mothers face.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...so thrilled that you received the package...hope your daughter loves it!

Fannie said...

No doubt, a mother's love is important. Beautiful, tender embrace--love.

Anonymous said...

The tenderness is lovely. There is a slight flatness to the faces and the hair. Don't forget to leave some highlights in the hair. I like the way the mother's hair almost cocoons the child. I think you could play that up.