Friday, April 25, 2008

Some additional info on ATC's

• Did you know that Artists' Trading Cards (ATCs) are credited to a a Zurich artist, M Vanci Stirnemann, who began trading sessions in Switzerland in 1997, as a way for artists to socialize and share their works/ideas with other artists? 

• The only rules associated with ATCs are that they are 2.5x3.5" in size and are exchanged not sold.

• The possibilities are endless... they can be 2D or 3D, original miniature works of art, no restrictions on mediums, can be part of a series, an edition, a multiple or an original.

What a fantastic way to practice your art...even on the most hectic of days. I find it almost mediative to sit down and work on one of these mini creations. Many times, I just let my pencil "lead the way" and have developed some light-hearted and fanciful pieces. If you haven't tried ATC's yet, I would urge you to give it a go. There are several online trading communities, I joined the the Monday ArtDay trading group and am thrilled to be a part of this circle of artists. Happy drawing!

3 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

great info! I always wanted to join that group but never ever did...

hope you have some fun with your new passion for atcs...

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa! Welcome to the world of blogging!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouraging comments. You have great work here.

I enjoy creating ATCs/ACEOs too. Maybe we can trade sometime?

Enjoy blogging. Success to you.

merlinprincesse said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Lisa. I've been making ATC for more than a year now. I am exchanging them on Flick'r (there are many groups there, you can look on my profile (Merlinprincesse), and on ATCARDS.com. Atcard.com was a very nice place but it disappeared a few months ago. Some of the members created a new site. Here it is : http://www.atcsforall.com/ .
And you can also sell (yup) your nicest cards as ACEO on Etsy and E-Bay... Some people that are not artist are collecting them... But that is not as fun as exchanging them and waiting for the mail.. ;o)