Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 1 0f 21 day creative challenge exercise


I decided to join in on the 21 day creative exercise. When I read about the challenge, I loved the concept of attempting things that I haven't yet and experimenting more with new mediums... the tough part of all of this is the 15 minute timeframe. To help me wrap my head around those fleeting 900 seconds, I thought it would be easiest to work within my other new found format, the 2.5x3.5" ATC canvas.

 I decided to illustrate 21 Days of Favorites. And day #1 is: "Shoe". I stayed within the timeframe (yeah) and made it monochromatic, which is something I haven't done since college. The sketch was done loosely in graphite first and then colorized with gold/olive luma dye. Hopefully, when I complete this exercise, I will have developed a great habit of setting aside more time for my art. If not, I will have a really fun ATC collection to look back on. =)

6 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

I Love your shoe! I cannot believe you created this in only 15 minutes! awesome!
melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks! It was a bit nervy watching the clock, but I finished in just less than the 15 minutes. =)

Megan said...

Oo Very nice job! And fast too!Shoes are definitly one of my favorite things as well! :)

Diana Evans said...

oh how fun...I am thrilled that you are taking part in the 21 Day Creative Exercise...and it will be so much fun to see all your favorite things...I am on board with your first favorite...shoes rock....well done and I look forward to many wonderful days of you art....

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Great shoe, love the tones :o)

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa. This looks like one my shoe, except it's in black. I look forward to seeing each day's exercise. They'll all be wonderful!