Thursday, May 22, 2008

day 10 of creative challenge


Here's day 10, a quick pencil rendering to illustrate "4th of July".

I love celebrating holidays and since Memorial Day is this weekend, and 4th of July around the corner, I was feeling rather patriotic. One of my favorite scenes from either of these holidays, are the kids that line the streets waving American Flags while a parade passes by. This moment and the excitement of it, was what I wanted to capture in this sketch. I kept my timeframe short, the pencil strokes loose and gestural but tried for different layout size and shape. Thought the elongated view would highlight the flag even more.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and thoughtful Memorial Day Weekend.

2 comments:

Diana Evans said...

what fun! Holidays are always so much fun...and I especially love all the great food...lol....

nice work as always Lisa...

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
:) Melissa and Emmitt