Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 12 of creative challenge/Inspire Me Thursday

Whimsy: a fanciful or playful idea; a whim.

I love the theme for Inspire Me Thursday this week, it's WHIMSY, and truly one of my favorite things about illustrating. 

Creating whimsical characters is what I love to do, whether they are sweet, little animals, or fanciful fairies or charming children, it provides a breath of fresh air and joy to an illustration. Today is a double whammie... day 12 is an ATC depicting a "whimsical fairy". Wouldn't it be wonderful to spy a tiny sprite, flitting about the flower beds in the morning? 
This ATC was created in pen & ink with watercolor on cardstock. Hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend... the weather was just incredible! Thanks for stopping in for a peek today. 

12 comments:

StegArt said...

Hi Lisa, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting. You've led me to your blog and I think your illustrations are wonderful. Have a great day!

NANCY LEFKO said...

your illustrations are beautiful....I am impressed with all you folks who take up these challenges....bravo.....your work is lovely.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
oh she looks so happy on her flower! what a perfect pixie!
:) m & e

Fannie said...

Another beautiful piece, Lisa. Yes, I would like to spy one of these beauties in my garden. Your pieces are a breath of freshness . . . keep up the excellent work.

Manon Doyle said...

Hey Lisa,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your blog and website......you are very talented. I'm linking you to my website.

-manon

Manon Doyle said...

Lisa,
I meant to say that I was linking you to my blog.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank you everyone for all the positive remarks. It was just what I needed today! =)

Diana Evans said...

oh how cool...what an awesome piece....I did something similar ages ago and what a neat thing to see your work...love it!

hope you had a wonderful Memorial day with family....

hugs
Diana

rbaird said...

What a cute little fairy!
You have been very busy!

Charlie said...

How fun! Your work is beautiful.
And love your interpretation for whimsical.

Tammie Lee said...

Your little atc is charming!
I love the theme whimsy as well.

I also enjoyed a look at your two hearts for love, their is beauty in your art.

Forever Young said...

delicate and pretty.