Wednesday, May 28, 2008

day 13 of creative challenge, "Love"


I created a quick pen and ink line study today called "LOVE".

Yes, I am a sucker for romance.... flowers, a sappy movie, a nice dinner by candlelight. Not that it has to be materialistic, sometimes coming downstairs to a pot of coffee brewing AFTER he has let me sleep late and fed the kids, is better than a box from Tiffanys. Regardless of your interpretation of love and romance, I was inspired by victorian jewelry and decided to create this line study to illustrate it. Ivy was often used in victorian jewelry and was a symbol of fidelity. One heart pin, that I thought particularly touching, was enscribed with "The Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent from one another".

I wish you all a little added romance to your life, however you define it. =) Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

Fannie said...

Romance in life is always good. My hubby showers me with flowers all the time just because. He knows I miss the color and fragrance of Hawaii. It's a good thing too because I dry them and use them in my art. Nice.

I wish you romance too, however you define it. Great drawing, Lisa. I like anything Victorian too. I admire your skills.

Dot said...

i really like the simplicity of it. Romance IS good!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
i love the hearts!
xo
melissa and emmitt

Diana Evans said...

oh what a great post and I love your line study...I have to agree with you about the romance...I am a sucker too....I just love the little things....

and I love that quote..."the Lord watch between me and thee when we are absent from eachother"

wonderful work Lisa...

platitudinal said...

Hello, Lisa, I'm glad you visited my blog (thank you for the kind comment!), because now I get to discover your blog. Your art is beautiful and reveal your genuine sweet spirit :)

I wish you all the best wishes available on all of your creative challenge days!

Candace Trew Camling said...

wow, I've missed a lot of great posts! Great job on your new squirrel drawing, it's very sweet! Also, you've been totally keeping up with the 21 day challenge!

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa. You've been tagged. See my blog post for today. Playing is voluntary.