Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 2 of 21 day exercise


My favorite item today is "Dessert". Again, it is hard for me to get it all completed within the 15 minutes... I would have liked to add a cup of coffee in the background. I sketched this item out in pen & ink and then filled in with luma dyes. Still keeping the subject cropped but expanded my color palette a bit this time. I think this exercise may help me simplify my subject matter more, since I am normally all about the details. Thanks for checking in... have a good day!

5 comments:

carli said...

Yummy! i love the stawberry.

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I really like this and must say that the background works great.

It doesn't have to be exactly 15 minutes, just at least 15 minutes a day so if you feel you want to spend more time in a piece go ahead. Have fun with it :o)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for letting me know about the timeframe... that certainly frees me up a bit. =)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

oh wow...another one of my favorite things...lovely slice of heaven....your work is wonderful and makes me smile...

have a wonderful day and thank you for all your kind thoughts for me and my family...I truly appreciate it from the heart...

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh i love it! it is wonderful and inviting!
i love the texture of the strawberry, cake and plate. the colors are delicious. wow! 15 minutes. you are amazing!
melissa