Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 4 of 21 "Tools of the Trade"


Big surprise that one of my favorites would be ART! I decided on a quick sketch of some of the tools that rest patiently in one of the many mason jars in my studio. 

No color today and a strict timeframe (10 minutes) so I could work on quickly laying out a composition and then shading. It's fun creating these mini-exercises daily for myself! Wish I had time to post a bit more but a client meeting today ate up most of the afternoon and now I have a lonnnngggg night ahead of me. Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to let me know you were here. =)

7 comments:

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I really like this one! Is beautiful as it is.. :o)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...thank you for popping by...your comment was so touching and just what I needed...Never in a million years would we have thought he would pass on like this...it has been one of the hardest things ever...and my illustrating has really helped...the Angel with our son was started in the ICU ...but when Dad passed I ended up finishing it late last night....I felt like I had to for him...

thank you for your friendship and support...I am so blessed to have met you....

Diana Evans said...

and these last few posts of yours are wonderful as always and just what I needed ....

the ballerina is so sweet and the tools look amazing....

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
i love this drawing! your shading is wonderful. you can feel the weight of the objects and the transparency of the glass jar. amazing 10 minutes!
melissa

Tom Barrett said...

Wonderful homage to the tools that help us create!

And your "Comment of the Week" is me to a "t". I get most of my ideas just before I fall asleep. I am sure they are always there, just never get to see'em during the day; too many distractions!

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa-- I'm enjoying seeing your "favorite things" drawings!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for your comments. I am having fun narrowing down my 21 favorites and promise that the best will be last!