Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 5 of 21 "Cheers"


My favorite item today is more of an event. When the weather warms up and we bring our deck furniture out from hibernation, we enjoy being outdoors with family and friends again. 

This sketch is entitled "Cheers!" and it is a tribute to the many wonderful evenings spent surrounded by friends and family on our deck lit with candles (mostly the smelly kind to keep the bugs at bay). We enjoy some wine, lots of munchies and just relax in good company. 

I decided on a pencil sketch and had fun working out the highlights in the wine glass. I also reverted back to my original day 1 & 2 designs, by cropping out part of the subject. In my opinion, cropping and/or using a different perspective, can make good use of the negative space in a piece. This exercise has turned into such a positive one for me. Like the ATCs it is a wonderful way to work on something creative that doesn't necessarily demand hours upon hours of ones time, it is allowing me the freedom to play with new ideas and techniques, and by choosing to create 21 days of my favorites, it's gifting me with recalling lots of great memories.

Hope you have a great weekend, with or without a glass of wine. Cheers!

4 comments:

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

The glass shading looks really good!
Cheers to you too!

rbaird said...

Lovely pencil work Lisa.

Paola said...

Hi Lisa! I'm really enjoying all your creative exercises, and all that you write and share with us too ^.^

Alicia Padrón said...

Wonderful shadings :o)
Oh I feel like having a glass myself..