Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 8 of Creative Challenge


My favorite item of day 8 is "St. Thomas". 

This lovely island is where my husband and I vacationed for our honeymoon and we had a wonderful time visiting. The weather, the palm trees, the clear water and snorkeling, the food and.... ahhhh, just being on an island was fantastic!

I created this ATC today in watercolor. I closed my eyes and pictured the view from the island in my mind (we "chased down" the sunset around the island on our last evening there) and began applying color. No sketching, no retracting... just straight color, brush and paper. It was actually really intimidating to work in this fashion, but certainly a learning experience.  The exercise, like all the previous ones before it, also brought back a lot of wonderful memories. =)

4 comments:

Abby Creek Art said...

Hi Lisa! So nice to have you visit my blog...great to meet you!

I really like your tropical ATC...reminds me of where I'm heading in two days...Tahiti!

carli said...

ooh I want to go there. It is rainy and ugly and cold here. all your atc's so far look great!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

wonderful painting!
i love the reflection on the water too! i wish i was there!
:) melissa

Fannie said...

Although this was an intimidating experience, the results are just beautiful--straight from the mind and heart! Simply wonderful. I see passion and love in this piece. Bravo, again, Lisa!