Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 9 of creative challenge


This was certainly a first for me and for todays favorite item, "Summertime".

I created a very loose pencil sketch for this exercise. Scanned it in and then colorized it in photoshop... which is a first for me! I LOVE working at my table with all my pencils and brushes and paints, so this was a huge departure. Not sure how I feel about the computer as a painting tool, but I think it was a great exercise to try. I also am going to work on this sketch again with gouche and see how I feel about the two in comparison.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Good Morning Lisa!
Oh! I can feel the breeze and sun on her face. I love the rendering and it will be fun to see the comparison of the different mediums.
:) Melissa

Fannie said...

Reminds me of when I was a little girl--wayyyyy back when. So carefree--wheeeee. ;-D Nice work, Lisa.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

wow...I feel I have missed so much...your work is always a highlight in my days and I am finally back to my blogging visits...

thank you for being so sweet and supportive over this last week...I appreciate it...

hugs
Diana

rbaird said...

summertime fun! Love it!

Nancy Medina said...

I love your work - Lisa, this picture makes me smile, the way her hair curls up mimics the upturn of her smile, such a happy rhythm.
Thank you for sharing!
Nancy and the puggies