Sunday, May 18, 2008

Days 6 & 7 of Challenge


My favorite items for yesterday and today are "Bath Time" and "Lily of the Valley". 

Both are pencil sketches with minimal details. I did have some fun shading "Bath Time"... guess I had to overcompensate somewhere, for the lack of details. There is nothing like the look and smell of a baby/child fresh from the tub. In our home, baths come complete with character towels. We have a duck, fish, shark, frog and 2 puppies - which  adds to the cuteness factor (in my humble opinion).

And... what is spring without flowers? My bleeding hearts, violets and peonies are all in bloom and this weekend my lily of the valley flowers were ripe for picking. I just love the fragrance that these delicate, little flowers give off. How can something so tiny fill a whole room with their smell?

5 comments:

Fannie said...

Oooh, your post took me back many years when I gave my daughters a bath. Your garden must be colorful and fragrant. Thanks for the "sense-filled" post, Lisa!

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
Oh! I love both of your new drawings. Lilies of the valley and bleeding hearts are my favorite!
I can smell them now!
:) Melissa

Candace Trew Camling said...

My peonies are just about to pop open! I LOVE lily of the valley. It's the best smell ever.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Your welcome, Fannie! Guess I will need to work on some bleeding hearts too. And I am so jealous about the peonies... I only have one plant but it is the most beautiful shade of pink, and it has just come up a week ago. It will be some time before I am picking those flowers. =)

Alicia Padrón said...

How cute! Yes, there is nothing like the smell of clean kids in their pajamas right after the bath.. I totally agree with yo :o)