Thursday, May 1, 2008

dragonfly ATC


Back to working on some new ATCs. I joined a swap group (my first time) and need to illustrate three monster ATCs... which should be great fun! I am thinking of working on cards inspired by "Where the Wild Things Are". How can you not appreciate and adore those wonderfully creative Sendak monsters? Until then I have developed this ATC of a dragonfly. It is the first time I have created one on colored paper and really like the "reverse" effect you can achieve with a dark background. This is also the first time I have experimented with creating a totally freehand ATC, no prelim sketch or even a pencil outline on the card itself. SO I am going to give myself a pat on the back for how this little ATC turned out... which we all deserve once in a while. =)
Thanks for stopping by and if anyone wants to work on an ATC swap, just let me know... I am having a ball creating them and would be happy to do so.

P.S. A dragonfly fun fact. Did you know that dragonflies are the world's fastest insects and are capable of reaching speeds up to 60 mph! 

3 comments:

Forever Young said...

thanks for your visit, i like your stuff very much so will be back.

Fannie said...

Give yourself more pats on the back from me. Wonderful!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...this is a wonderful ATC! these are getting to be very addictive to me...so much fun and so nice because I can finish them and enjoy them so quickly...

wonderful work and I look forward to more ....

neat idea with the swap...