Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mommy & Me ATC



So, while I was busy working on some ATC's my daughter decided to join in the fun. Out of all the cards that she created, the one  above "Rainbow" is what she selected and asked me to put on the blog. It depicts two sailboats resting as they approach a rainbow. She is my biggest supporter you know, and has been bitten by this very addictive bug known as ATCs. When she comes home from school she will ask if any "new trading cards came in the mail" OR if "we had any new comments about our artwork". Seriously, my biggest fan.

I chose to post my "Monarch" ATC. Don't know what it is about insects, or more specifically, flying insects, but I am having fun working on them. Maybe it's the delicacy of their wings and how light illuminates those thin membranes in a really lovely way, or the delicate networking of veins so similar to the patterns on leaves. Regardless, I am hooked and having fun. I also looked up a new fun fact about Monarch Butterflys. Did you know that male and female monarchs are easily distinguished due to the fact that the males have a black spot on a vein of each hind wing that the females do not have? If you knew that already, consider me impressed! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...what a wonderful post and how sweet that you are making ATCs with your daughter...

wonderful work!

I love them both...

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thank for the comments Diana. =)

Fannie said...

Great Monarch ATC, Lisa!

Your daughter's work is cute, and she is but one of your many fans. It's cute how she asks you about "new trading cards in the mail," AND "comments about 'our' artwork." That's special!

rbaird said...

She's quite the artist ...just like her mom!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks again for all the +++ comments, I am sure that my daughter will be excited by the feedback as well.
=)

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
I LOVE your and your daughter's ATC'S! They are wonderful and inspiring. I love that you do them together.
Thank you so much for saying hello today. You made my day!
:) Melissa