Thursday, May 8, 2008

Monday Artday, Sleep


I decided to post this watercolor for the Monday Artday theme "Sleep". It was created for an educational publisher for a booklet entitled "Deanna's Doll". This project was such a thrill for me because the editor gave me a lot of creative freedom in laying out the illustrations for the story. I had used my daughter as a model for Deanna, so that always brings another special aspect to the project. There is something so peaceful about a sleeping child.

Another project I am working on is an entry in an illustration contest. While I am very excited about the idea for the illustration, I am struggling with the perspective. I have a few roughs completed and need to complete a final sketch, if I am happy with that, I will try and post it for some commentary before working on the final. The deadline for this contest is VERY tight, so I may not have time to get it online before the finish, but I promise to at least post that when its done. 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by for a visit. It is so uplifting to read the comments sent from other creative types from all around the world. Have a great day!

8 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
Your new project is so exciting! I am excited to see it when you are done and I love your Monday Artday Illustration. It is beautiful.
Have a great day!
Melissa

Fannie said...

Great "sleep" illlustration. Good luck on your entry. I'm sure it will all work out and you'll be pleased with the results. I look forward to seeing it whenever you complete it. Sending you good wishes from my part of the world, Lisa!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much for all your well wishes. Sometimes its hard to bring exactly what you have in your head to the paper, you know?

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

this is lovely and I know what you mean about watching a child sleep...I could stare at Cole all night long...so peaceful and so sweet.....

Are you working on that illustration for the SCBWI contest?
if so I can't wait...I have been messing around with my ideas for it for a while now...

Debbie Egizio said...

What a lovely and sweet illustration!

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! Take care and see you around the blogworld. Deb

NANCY LEFKO said...

You have a wonderful and ecclectic talent...I so enjoyed visiting your blog. Fun to "meet" another NH-ite as well. I am in the Monadnock Region...how 'bout you? Thanks for visiting my blog too....

erin said...

lovely "sleep" illustration. i love the colors used and the patterned quilt, it's very cozy and comforting.

thanks for visiting my blog! I'm just getting started to this blogging realm.

tinycutie said...

oh i love this illustration of yours. so neat and i like the colors. thank you for leaving such a nice comment in my blog. can i add you on my fav. links?