Monday, May 5, 2008

Seed of Life ATC





I created the above illustration as an ATC for Fannie. Her wonderful artwork inspired me to create something natural for her... but also vibrant and uplifting, because that is how she comes across. So, thank you Fannie for your continued inspiration and I hope you like the ATC. 
I will post it to IF this week, as it's fitting for this weeks theme, hopefully she won't mind. =)

Also included in this post is a picture of my sons CARS birthday cake. It was so much fun to make (and to eat), the speedway was made up of crushed Oreo cookies and was a HUGE hit with the kids. Unfortunately, the weather was not as fantastic, so the party was indoors. I did prepare a craft - the kids decorated foam license plates and we played some fun little games. Best of all, the birthday boy had a great time and at the end of the day, that is all that really matters. Thanks for all your well wishes... wish I could have shared some of the cake!

7 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...

what a wonderful post! love your ATC for Fannie...she is the sweetest and most amazing fiber artist...

your son's cake looks amazing...it must have been a huge hit!

I was so pleasantly surprised today when I got the mail .....I looked through the pile and came across the card and lovely ATC from you....you made my day with this and I will place it in my studio for daily inspiration...what a lovely cupcake...I will have to post it tomorrow!!!!

thank you so much!!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Rui Sousa said...

Great, really nice!

Fannie said...

Ohhhhhh . . . I'm speechless. It's simply, MEANINGFUL and BEAUTIFUL. It inspires so many thoughts and ideas most important to me: family, growth, strength, beauty, nature . . .

Thank You, Lisa! I feel your kindness and friendship. Thanks.

It is perfect for submission to IF.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for all the great feedback on both Fannie's inspired ATC and the cake. =)

rizal said...

love this piece. i like the vibrant background which helps o bring the tree into focus. love the details.

heppi blogging n have a great day everyday.. :)

rbaird said...

Your ATC is visually stunning!
Your cake is absolutely adorable!

And Fannie... she is a gem!

Chickengirl said...

what an awesome cake!