Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 17 of challenge & Inspire Me Thursday


My favorite today is "Imagination". As an artist, I feel it is one of the most important things that we can have, even above craft. I think you can always hone a craft or technique, but to be able to really use your imagination and push yourself creatively is something that can be a bit more daunting. Truly, where would you be as an artist without your imagination?

Using my imagination (nice segway huh) I created L'il Purple Monster who just LOVES oranges, which of course makes Mama Purple Monster happy because they are high in vitamin C. This is also my entry to Inspire Me Thursday this week, due to the inspiring theme that is posted there - "purple and orange". I sketched him out in pencil, filed him in with prismacolor pencil and scanned him... then I opened him up in Photoshop added the title and played with the background a bit to give the whole illustration some more texture. I hope you enjoy this l'il guy even if you don't like oranges or the color purple. Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute purple monster!
Delph

Chrissy Fanslau said...

He's adorable! Lovely colors too. :O)

Bee said...

What a cutie! Well done.

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

L'il Purple Monster has 2 socks on her ears sure looks cute!

Tammie Lee said...

very cute little critter!
Imagination is a wonderful part of who we are!

carli said...

he is so sweet. I love little purple monsters.

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh your purple monster is wonderful! I love him and the background is perfect!
:) melissa

carla said...

Very cute! The colors are so vibrant!

Charlie said...

He is too cute to be a monster! And your right imagination is everything.
I like your use of photohop. It's like icing on the cake.

Fannie said...

This is superb, Lisa! Thanks, too, for sharing your process. I recently got Photoshop and need to learn how to use it. Your posts a like mini tutorials for me. Thank you!

Chickengirl said...

The orange really pops out from his lil' purple fur coat. Hes very cute, looks like a combination of a number of animals (and monsters!)