Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Birthday card illustrations


Here is one of my completed illustrations that I have created to submit for a birthday card idea. I am hoping to come up with a varied collection of card samples that would touch upon different holidays and events. This illustration was created in watercolor with prismapencil on Cartiera Magnani hot press. 
My goal would be to have a sampling of cards to prepare for mailing this summer. I will try to post at least two creations weekly and then with your help, decide which are the most popular designs. Once the favorite designs are chosen I will finalize the verse for each and prepare my sampling to send out. I am also planning to have a card giveaway using the top designs... stay tuned for more information! 
The sun is out and shining bright today, so I hope to get outside and enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

good morning lisa!
oh! i love this illustration! it is really a celebration!
your greeting cards are wonderful! i cannot wait to see all of the designs this summer.
:) melissa

NANCY LEFKO said...

this is great...there is so much joy in this image !!

Fannie said...

Great idea, Lisa. This illustration reminds me of Diana. I get hungry when I visit her blog. Now I find myself feeling hungry again. ;-D

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad that it is being well received and making people recognize their sweet tooth again. =)

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Wow that is one yummy looking cupcake! Nice work! :O)

Chickengirl said...

super sweet card!

ValGalArt said...

adorable :)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...this is sooooooooooooooooo sweet and you know I would buy one....cupcake and all...

nice work!!!

Hugs
Diana

Tracy said...

What a cute illustration! So sweet!

marianne said...

This gives such a party feeling, one mouse is even more cute than the other......The cupcake is yummy!