Friday, July 25, 2008

Completed Illo, Yeah!


Awhile back I had posted the comp for this piece. Not very much has changed... just a few more equations added to the mix, a box, couple of batteries and the like. The bottom isn't as rigid either, the publisher wanted something less static and I wanted to make sure that the feeling of a "thought process" was going on for this young boy. This is going to be a fun project, as the story will be told in chapter installments with each issue. 
I will be posting the winning name for l'il pig on Sunday, be sure to come back this weekend to see which name came out on top. Still time to vote if you haven't. =)
Hope everyone has a fun weekend. Thanks for stopping by today.


7 comments:

marianne said...

What a nice illustration. It makes me think of my son who had his first year at highschool last year.
Not only thought processes but a lot of other things going on as well.....
Thanks for your welcome and your visit to my blog again. Always nice to see you Lisa!
love >M<

Melissa and Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
I love your illustration! We are going to miss you next week while I am away, but I will have lots of pictures from art camp when I get back and Emmitt's Birthday is August 1st and we are having a party on our blog.
Please come!
xo
m & e

NANCY LEFKO said...

lookin' good, Lisa...you have a great weekend too....

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Marianne, I am glad that it brought back some memories for you.

I will do my best to stop by for the Birthday blog before we head out on vacation, Melissa.

ValGalArt said...

Nice work Lisa :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Val.

Vanessa said...

Sadly Lisa my weekend will only be filled with paper work and food shopping , but at least I get to come and visit your blog and tell you thanks so much for wonderful words on yesterday. I really needed them. I feel God knows just what you need when you need it. Thanks so much for taking time to stop by. The illo is great!!! I can feel the pimples and all! hahahha! It brought back memories for all us of us of this I am sure! Great job!
V