Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Garden & Vineyard Photos





I love photography. Pictures come in handy not only for capturing moments and saving them in scrapbooks, journals or albums, but also as references for my illustrations. These photographs are a wonderful resource when I am in need of a reference for a sketch or if I can't seem to get a character pose down AND I never have to worry about copyright issues with my own photo. =)

These are a sampling of  photos that I have taken from our flower gardens... with the exception of the Shasta Daisy which my daughter took. She is 7 and has been taking pictures for years. I am always impressed by her point of view and how she frames a shot. I did include pictures from this past weekend too. My husband and I visited a wonderful, local vineyard, Jewell Towne Vineyards in S. Hampton NH. The ladies who were on hand for the tour and tasting were friendly and informative - and the wines were delicious! I will not even mention how many bottles we brought back, but I will say that they were not all for us. =)

I am under a deadline for an illustration that will accompany a story in a children's ezine and hope to have a "sneak peak" of it posted tomorrow. 

Oh and one last thing... if you haven't tried the recipe that Fannie posted on her website for Hawaiian Caramel Popcorn, you don't know what you are missing! The kids and I made it this morning and it was delicious! Sneak a peak at her blog for not only fantastic artwork, but also this yummy recipe. 

7 comments:

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
beautiful photos! your daughter takes after her mom as an artist! wow!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hi Melissa-
Good luck with Emmitt, I will check in to see how he does, and thanks for the comments. Have a good night.

zime said...

Thanks for your lovely comment!! You've a wonderful blog!!
(^v^)

marianne said...

Great pictures, lovely vineyard you have visited!
I will sneak peak tomorrow!
Goog night!
>M<

Fannie said...

Great photos, wow! Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed the popcorn! My daughters were surprised that I shared our family's "secret" popcorn recipe. ;-D

Lisa M Griffin said...

Oh Fannie, I am so glad you shared the recipe. We made it with almonds and it was really yummy. The entire kitchen smelled wonderful while it was baking. I so appreciate the share. =)

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Lisa....these photos are beautiful!!!!