Monday, July 7, 2008

New Sketch


Here is a sketch for an illustration that I am working on for a children's magazine article. The story is going to be ongoing, with a new chapter revealed in each new issue. Based on what I have read so far, I wanted to introduce the main character and then give a teaser of what is to come (all the science, gadgety, experiment stuff).
I will keep you posted as to the progress of this series of illustrations and the story, once it has been issued.
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I really enjoyed taking a few days off from work and just focused on relaxing, reading, playing in the pool and visiting with friends and family. It was a welcome distraction and now I am recharged and ready to go. I hope to have a new greeting card illustration to share with all of you later this week too! Thanks for stopping by today.

4 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

this is a great sketch...it sets up the story of the science-kid quite well....

Melissa & Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
i love the new sketch. what a great project this is. how fun that it is ongoing. i cannot wait to see your card design!
melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Nancy. That was my goal, still have some tweaking but I think it is coming along.

Hi Melissa: thanks for your comments, and it does have the potential to be a really creative project, as well as ongoing, which is great too. How is Emmitt doing in the pug contest? Will pop over later.

NANCY LEFKO said...

good morning Lisa,

I have an award for you on my blog...

have a great day !!