Friday, August 22, 2008

Arty Girlz and a few photos...





As promised, here is my greeting card idea and also my entry for this weeks Arty Girlz Challenge. I'm working on a new line of holiday cards using different shapes and borders as part of the design. For my Arty Girlz card, I scanned the illustration and then printed it on a gloss stock, added a bit of embellishment (a dab of glitter, ribbons and a brad) and it was complete.

I also wanted a share a few photographs that I shot yesterday. While I was busy snapping pictures of what flowers are left in the garden, my kids were running around the yard happily chasing dragonflies. There were so many of these colorful, creatures flying around and what personalities they have! Some timid, some curious, some playful. It was such a fun afternoon.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Check back on Sunday for the posted winner of my greeting card contest. Thanks for popping by!

9 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
i love your new card and your photos!
what beautiful shots!
xo
melissa

Jane said...

Fantastic !
Jx

NANCY LEFKO said...

I love your card and what beautiful photos !!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

THank you so much Melissa, Jane and Nancy! I really hope to make something of this line of cards.

Roberta said...

You're so multi-talented girl!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Roberta, and right back at you! =)

Candace Trew Camling said...

the valentine card is WONDERFUL!!!

Fannie said...

Simply beautiful, Lisa! Thanks for sharing. I enjoy visiting here.

Have a great weekend!

ValGalArt said...

Hi Lisa! I sure do love all your current photos, thoughts, ideas and greeting cards! They are swell and your children are beautiful :)