Friday, August 15, 2008

dream big



I have to confess, that today is my birthday AND with this year came A LOT of soul searching. I don't know if its the "Leo" in me or just a mid-life introspective, but I have found myself really contemplating my life. Birthdays and getting older certainly bring that on... you know the whole mortality thing and all. I guess, it just comes down to my love of all things creative... whether it is to express an idea for myself or a client, or to sit down and draw with my kids, to scrapbook with friends, or just put a smile on someone's face by taking the time to make a little something. It's this powerful desire in so many artists to explore, to create, to dream. Coupled with being a busy mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, etc... it's not always easy to keep that artistic fire alive, but it is there - burning brightly at times and more softly at others, but still burning.
For the coming year, I want to take a few more risks... put myself out there a bit more and research a few new markets. While it is wonderful to have the luxury of creating for oneself, life sometimes intercedes and bills need to be paid. So.... here's to dreaming big, wishing on a falling star, and getting back up after a stumble - it may not be easy, but who says acquiring dreams should be?
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I will see you back here on Monday. =)

9 comments:

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa! Have yourself a super-special weekend! :O)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy birthday lisa!
what a beautiful post! i just kept nodding my head as i read it. yes, let's dream big.
have a wonderful weekend!
melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks guys!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Happy Birthday, Lisa !!! Have a wonderful day and year and DO keep dreaming BIG !!! I'll dream right along with you !! (Hey, the sun even shone for you today :)

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!! I wish you many great things to come this year!!!! :o)

Fannie said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Dear Lisa,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

Great post! Hope this day is extra special. May all your dreams be BIGGER and may they all come true!

Success in all you dream and do, Lisa!

(((((Hugs)))))

Diana Evans said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!!! I wish I could be closer so I could make you some cupcakes!!!

This post was wonderful and you sure have a way with words...

I know big things will come your way...be open to it and always know that anything is possible when you have have a passion for it....

Here's to your Birthday and making that special wish when you blow out your candles!!!

hugs....

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much everyone, it was lovely to share my birthday with so many "cyber-friends" =)

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday, Lisa! Wonderful post-- life sure is a big juggling act sometimes-- but you're right, keep dreaming big! :-)