Thursday, August 21, 2008

some eye candy...






First, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has posted some thoughts, encouragement, and/or ideas regarding my greeting card post. I love being able to review feedback because it either solidifies what I want to accomplish OR pushes me in a new direction. This time, it did a bit of both. =) Many of you thought some sparkle would add to the cards, so I embellished them with some gold glitter. Posted is an example of what I did with Halloween Posey (see: star buckle and hem of skirt). I also decided to try something new and tomorrow, I will have a Valentine card to post that highlights this new idea for a line of greeting cards.
I have also been busy with "crafty projects" that use recycled items. Here are some gift items that I created using postage stamps, ribbons and puzzle pieces. It's been so much fun pouring over piles of stamps and puzzles, then painting and glazing - just being totally absorbed by the creative process. Voila... some unique journals and necklaces are born!
Lastly, I couldn't leave without posting a few new photographs - I think that they seem to herald the end of summer. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! =)

5 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa
i love your creativity. your new works are wonderful!
xo
m

Diana Evans said...

these are amazing Lisa...what wonderful eye candy...

I am thrilled you added some sparkle...what fun and a perfect embellishment to your magical artwork....

hugs

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Melissa and Diana, glad you liked what I did.
Have a good night. =)

marianne said...

Love the glitter!
The journals look like travel journals, I like that idea!
Love the pic with the puzzle pieces, such a summer pic.
Still enjoying your new Nikon???
Here summer (which hasn't really been here) has nearly ended as well. Makes me sad. I love summer and spring and don't like the other 2....:(
love >M<

Lisa M Griffin said...

So you can tell Marianne... that I am still involved in a torrid love affair with my Nikon? =)