Friday, August 1, 2008

Watercolor Wednesdays - Halloween Posey


Anthropomorphic (adjective) ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human.
Yes, I did have to look this theme up to participate in Watercolor Wednesdays this week. =)

I have been working on sketches for my Posie Halloween card and when I completed this one last night, decided it would be a fun entry for this theme. Now that I have a small collection of completed illustrations, I am (hoping) to work them into a nice, promotion package to send out to about 10 companies whose greeting cards I really like/admire.

Now that this Posie illustration is finished, I have quite a few design projects going on that need to be wrapped up before our vacation so I won't have much time to post in the coming days. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.


13 comments:

vanessa said...

Trust me Ms. Lisa, you where not the only one. I've used it for the word of the week around the office. Your picture is darling. Just prefect!
V.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I am glad I wasn't alone in this. Thanks for the visit. =)

Fannie said...

Great illustration, Lisa. It will make a nice card. Good luck with your art projects.

Have fun during your upcoming vacation.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
have a wonderful vaaction.
i just got home and was greeted by your wonderful posey and puggy atc. i was jumping up and down!
thank you so much!
and thank you so much for the birthday wishes.
you made emmitt's day too!
xo
m & e

Chickengirl said...

Posey is cute!!!

marianne said...

Posey pretty in purple!
What a wonderful halloween card.
Wish you succes with your projects!
If they are clever all 10 will respond positively

Candace Trew Camling said...

I like the pumpkin's cute little face!!

Chrissy Fanslau said...

What a lovely card design! I love the pumpkin and the lil' spider hanging off the hat! How cute! :O)

Diana Evans said...

HI Lisa...I love it!!! I have been thinking about Halloween for some reason lately...hehe he

Have a wonderful night and thanks for sharing your work...

hugs
Diana

Bee said...

Super illustration, love the little details like the spider and her ears poking out of the hat!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks everyone! I am just getting back from vacation and was able to sit and relax for a minute from unpacking and laundry to review all your wonderful comments. I will be posting pictures from the trip shortly! Have a good night.

Random York said...

This looks Great Lisa!- John

Jennifer said...

Great painting! I love anthropomorphic art:)