Monday, August 18, 2008

Watercolor Wednesdays - Triplets


My entry for Watercolor Wednesdays this week, is a loose wash/ink study that I created of these striped skunk babies. I had the most fun with their tails, since this is such a distinguishing feature, as well as good measure of their current mood. =)
It is an absolutely, beautiful day here today, so I am heading outside to enjoy it a bit, hope you can do the same. Before I go, here are a few skunk facts that I dug up. Enjoy! =)
Did you know.... a skunk can spray as far away as 14 feet and as many as 8 times! Even babies have the ability to spray. And speaking of babies, litters average 6 in size.

8 comments:

Fannie said...

Those triplets look like they're ready to spray! I'm glad I'm more than 8 times 14 feet away! Hah!

Great illustration and entry, Lisa!

Teri C said...

Oh and ah, these are just adorable!!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh i just love them! their tails are wonderful! i thought that the second i saw them and then i read what you had most fun with... their tails! it totally comes through!
have a wonderful day!
xo
m

Lisa M Griffin said...

Fannie you just made me laugh... yes I think you are at a safe distance. =)

Hi Teri, thanks for the stopping by to see my skunk babies.

Hi Melissa- aren't the tails fun? Well fun to draw, but not to experience in person.

Diana Evans said...

oh what fun Lisa...I love your triplets...hehehe and Fannie's note made me laugh too...

Chickengirl said...

Skunk babies!!! So cute!! I was just watching them the other day on YouTube.

Eric Barclay said...

Lovely skunks! Funny how something so cute can smell so bad. Wonderful illustration.

marianne said...

I have never seen one for real!
Cool when animals have these extraordinairy abilities!
These are cute! You can't imagine that they can stink at all.......