Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Critique Time 2!



I know I have been lax in posting lately, it has been a busy time trying to coordinate my fall promotional mailing and complete a few assignments. Sometimes, it can be a crazy juggle between design and illustration, yet they both provide such different and great creative opportunities that it is worthwhile. 

Since my other illustration works are in process, I decided to post an older illustration from an educational booklet I had worked on. It was created as part of a religious ed curriculum, and the publisher was really great to work with. The story centered around two friends and a doll that one of the girls owned and that the other friend wanted. She takes the doll and then realizing how upset her friend is that her beloved toy is missing, returns it. The story teaches children about temptation, love and most importantly forgiveness. 

I would love any of your opinions on this illustration from the story... so as I have asked in the past, Critique Away! It is always good to have another view on one's work - so don't be shy.
Thanks for peaking in today.

PS Thank you to Marianne for this lovely award. You are not only an inspiration but a wonderful blog friend as well. =)

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

Hi Lisa!
Oh i love your illustration and the story sounds wonderful.
what a thoughtful way to teach children about things we all bump into in life.
great post!
xo
melissa

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...glad that you're back in action...we all missed you!!!!

wonderful work

I have a sweet award waiting for you on my blog!

ValGalArt said...

It reminds me of being a little girl and loving dolls :) lovely and I really like your pumpkin mailer too!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks guys! I did enjoy this project quite a bit and do hope that it made a difference in some way.

marianne said...

Oh the doll and the story are so wonderful and sweet......
It was a booklet, are you going to use it again?
So nice all these awards are coming your way, you deserve them.
And Lisa, thanks for being a wonderful blogfriend to me as well!

Eric Barclay said...

Wonderful illustration-- love your fall mailer too... I can never get enough of pumpkins, fall leaves, and scarecrows. Beautiful work as always!