Monday, September 22, 2008

In the mail


This weekend, I completed researching, addressing and stamping my fall postcard mailer (YEAH!). For postage, I ordered custom stamps (stamps.com) which I have never tried before, but thought it would not only keep the festive feel of the card but look cool too. The postcards were printed at VistaPrint and arrived early which was fantastic and gave me a jump on addressing. I had the cards printed 4/1 and since I was waiting for the stamps to arrive, decided to hand-tint the butterfly illo on the back of each. All and all, I am really excited with this piece. It will be interesting to see the feedback I receive from this promotion, since I normally don't mail this time of year.
It is getting much cooler in NH now and the leaves are starting to change. In another week or two it will be just a symphony of color outside my window. Fall is a lovely time of year in New England. Hope you had a lovely weekend and thanks for stopping by today. =)

13 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh how wonderful! i am so excited! your postcards are gorgeous and the stamps and hand colored butterfly are the perfect icing on the cake.
i LOVE it! well done!
melissa

Alicia Padrón said...

Love the stamp Lisa!! Good luck with your postcards :o)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Melissa and Alicia... hopefully, I will have good news to post regarding them. =)

NANCY LEFKO said...

we actually did have a nice weekend....perfect weather for apple picking here in beautiful Southern NH !!! Your mailing piece is fabulous...I think it is so clever that you had the special stamps made. I hope the mailing yields all that you are hoping for.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed this past weekend Nancy. We are getting together with some friends this coming weekend for apple picking.... and then let the baking begin! Thanks for stopping by.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...wonderful work!!! I hope you get a ton of calls with some fun projects....

The personal touch with the stamps is awesome!!! wonderful touch...

Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing these...

Hugs
Diana

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana. I did like how the stamps came out and will be curious to see if any of the recipients of the mailers comment on them. Have a good day. =)

Mônica said...

Oh, that is a great postcart! And I think it's a great idea to have the stamp feature you artwork as well, and tie it all so well together!
Good luck, I hope you get a lot of responses! :-)

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Very nice work, Lisa! You'll have to let us know what comes from this mailer. I will have to check out that stamps website, thank you for mentioning it.

Here in Alaska the leaves are just about done falling - snow is but a week or two away. Enjoy your colors in New England!

Tom Barrett said...

Cards look great! And I like the idea of hand-tinting the backside illustration. Gives you the color without the cost (except for time, of course).

Hope they prove fruitful!

marianne said...

Oh Lisa! Isn´t this exiting!!!!!
It all looks so perfect together.
The stamp and the handcolored butterfly, so complete.
I really hope you will get a lot of possitive reactions on this!
Everyone is so exited about the fall who is on our doorstep........it is nearly contagious.
I will give it a try to enjoy it (it is not my season...)
We had a lovely weekend and did some cycling with the kids (you saw that) The weather is still ok here
Keep my fingers crossed!
hug >M<

ValGalArt said...

i love it!

Tracy said...

Oh I love this postcard! And what a fantastic idea to create the stamp! I love it! BTW I couldn't remember if I'd let you know or not but I received my piggy card from you! ADORABLE! Thanks so much! :)