Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Back from Vacation!















We are back from a lovely family vacation... can you tell where we went? =)
It was so good to get away, relax and enjoy some play time as a family, AND it is always fun when you have time to reconnect with your inner child. There is no better place to do this than Disney... it is escapism at it's best and also an artist's dream! The enchantment, sights, sounds, colors of this magical place completely encases its visitors - how can you not be inspired by a trip to Disney World? The kids had a great time swimming, meeting characters and even trick-or-treating at Magic Kingdom. The Food and Wine Festival was in full swing at Epcot, so it was lovely to sample a few wines while we were there... tasted an ice wine that was fantastic! But like all good fairytales, the story must come to an end.

It is good to be home (well minus all the laundry)... I have A LOT of catching up to do, and will (hopefully) be posting sketches later this week. Thanks for stopping by. =)

9 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa!!! Welcome Home...we all missed you and your posts...

Glad you had a wonderful time...and the pictures are so precious....

Hugs
Diana

marianne said...

Hi Lisa!
Welcome home!
I have missed you too! Your posts and visits.
Glad you had such a wonderful time!
I agree with you it is a magical feast over there! I really felt like a child there!
I still remember the colors from Aladdin, the pale blue with gold and silver and the way it made me feel. Once I will paint a room in these colors!
Your kids look very sweet! Your family picture is also very nice!
Thanks for sharing the magic!
love >M<

Fannie said...

Welcome Home, Lisa! Missed you. Looks like you all had lots of fun. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Welcome back Lisa!!! We missed you so much! I was so glad to see a comment from you on the blog. You look fabulous! The pictures are a real treat too. You all looked like you had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I hope that you had some time to imagine and rest. I look forward to your next post here and at Watercolor Wed. Have a great sweetie. Glad you are back!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
welcome home! what a wonderful vacation!
i missed you. :)
xo
melissa

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Oh Lisa I am so jealous! It's -5 degrees here today. I could use a trip to Disneyworld. :) But seriously, I'm glad you had a great time, and thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures! I've been wondering where you've been ...

marianne said...

Happy Halloween Lisa!

Candace Trew Camling said...

welcome back! i know a girl that was there for halloween too! I have checked up on your blog and wondered what was up!
Great pictures, the face painting is really neat!

Candace Trew Camling said...

Hey Lisa, stop by my blog, I have given you an award!