Monday, October 6, 2008

Catching up on Design



I almost missed posting today... ahhh where does the time go? Anyway, here is one of the design projects that I am finalizing. This is an annual project for me and one that I really look forward too, since it combines my love of photography, design and ballet. The artistic director/owner of the studio just approved this design for their Nutcracker Performance and with a few tweaks it will be ready for press. The Nutcracker is one of my favorite holiday stories and traditions. My husband and I used to go to see the Boston Ballet's Nutcracker every year and now we watch our daughter perform in it... funny how things come full circle. If you have never read the story of the Nutcracker , you need to pick up a copy of it (the original story was  by E.T.A. Hoffman) and then see the ballet, Tchaikovsky at his best (in my humble opinion).
A bit of trivia about the Nutcracker, originally published "The Nutcracker and the Mouse King". In Hoffman's tale the little girl's name was Marie while Clara was the name of one of her dolls.

Tomorrow I hope to have my IF entry posted. It was time for Posey to make an appearance and she enjoys sugary sweets as much as flowers which makes her the perfect subject for this weeks prompt!  Thanks for dropping in today and for all your wonderful comments. Reading your posts makes my day and gives quite a creative boost at the same time. =)

6 comments:

Fannie said...

Great design, Lisa. You're so talented in many media. Love the ballet!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
what a great project. your range always impresses and amazes me!

xo
melissa

Diana Evans said...

Oh how awesome Lisa!!! this is a wonderful piece and they are so lucky to have you do these each year....

Hugs
Diana

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much Fannie, Melissa and Diana. It is fun to be able to "toggle" between design and illustration. =)

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Lisa, what beautiful design work! You really have an eye for making things look great. :O) Can you believe Christmas is around the corner?

I'd also like to thank you for dropping by my blog and for thinking about me. I'm honestly not feeling much better about the whole situation, but I have been able to do a bit of work to keep myself occupied. So at least I'm making some progress. :O)

I'll have to check back tomorrow for your IF! I should have mine up soon, too.

Chrissy

Candace Trew Camling said...

I love the ballet! I danced for 16 years, but chose graphic art instead!! Great Poster!