Friday, October 3, 2008

My New Journal Creations




I am having sooo much fun with these journals! By taking a few of the art mediums I love so well and combining them into something brand new. The whole project began when I purchased (2) boxes of hardcover, perfect bound, lined journals that came with the die cut center. Within that center of the cover is placed either an interesting stamp (mostly vintage) or one of my photographs. The process doesn't end there, covers are decorated with ribbon, paper, glitter and/or more stamps then finished with a protective cover of Modge Podge which also adds a beautiful texture. The journal is completed by adding a decorative bead to the bottom of bookmarking ribbon. Voila!
Personally, I love giving journals as gifts and hope that they bring as much joy in receiving as they were in creating. We have a busy weekend ahead - kids soccer games, Halloween crafts, apple and pumpkin picking and some baking. Hope everyone has a great weekend and I will see you back here on Monday. =)

12 comments:

Diana Evans said...

wonderful work on these journals Lisa!!! you have been a busy bee!!!

Fannie said...

I love journals too. Your journals are all wonderful. I can tell you put a lot of "heart" into each one. Good for you!

Enjoy your weekend.

Chrissy Fanslau said...

What a nice idea! Those are lovely. I find that journals are fun to read after the years pass - so they are great fun! :O)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana, Fannie and Chrissy. I have enjoyed personalizing these journals and can't wait to give them as gifts. Have a good weekend.

Carli said...

Thanks for the comments you left on my blog. Beautiful journals!!! have a great weekend sounds like you're going to be busy, busy, busy! Have fun
carli

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh they are gorgeous!
whoever gets to have one of your journals is super lucky!
have a great weekend!
xo
melissa

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Thank so much for the birthday wishes Lisa. These Journal are almost to beautiful to write in! They are just delicious. You can never have to many of these babies.

Chickengirl said...

Yes, journals are great as gifts. And when you put your artistic touch on it, its even better. These look great!

marianne said...

Lovely journals with beautiful details!

Love your new banner too, but silly now I can't remember what the old one was I see that this is a new one (can you give me a small hint?)
Hope you have had a nice weekend!
>M<

Sarah said...

Hey Lisa! You just don't stop....these journals are beautiful and the perfect gift for someone. The ones you photographed were beautiful. I can't wait to see what is next!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks everyone!!! I hope that they are welcome well rec'd during the holidays as well. =)

Rrramone said...

Do you need my address so you can mail me one? :-)