Friday, October 10, 2008

Rough Sketch, Owl and the Pussycat


Thought I would post this sketch today, as it has been one that I have been  playing with for some time. It's based on the Edward Lear poem "The Owl and the Pussycat". I have been itching to find the time for this because I have the color visual firmly set in my head and I want to use a mixed technique of both gouache and pencils to achieve it. Would love your thoughts on it... don't be shy, it's still in the sketch stage.

Another busy weekend is approaching and the weather looks to be picture-perfect, classic, autumn in New Hampshire. Even today the sky is a gorgeous, bright, blue without a single cloud. Looking out my studio window, it's an amazing contrast of bright orange and yellow against that clear blue... beautiful! Might just have to find the time to whip out my camera and snag a few shots. 

Have a wonderful weekend! =)

11 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
i love your drawing! i cannot wait to see it in color.
have a wonderful weekend! it sounds just picture perfect in NH.
xo
melissa

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Wonderful work as usual. I love your shading.

Dot said...

can't wait to see it finished..! really cute illo.

Alicia Padrón said...

I love this sketch Lisa!! Beautiful.. and the view from your window sounds lovely.

marianne said...

Oh Lisa, this is so fantastic. It is already wonderful imagine how it will be ahen in color!
I can't wait to see it!
Enjoy your busy weekend and the lovely weather!
See you next week!
hug >M<

Kris-Tea said...

Oh! Nice sketch, I hope to see it finished soon :)

Happy sunday!

Diana Evans said...

HI Lisa...this is a wonderful sketch....I can't wait to see more....

The weather is amazing here as we celebrate our Thanksgiving...we have a whole weekend of festivities with family....It is wonderful to share and enjoy great times with the ones we love...

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs
Diana

Rick said...

Some illustrations just inspire us and we've got to get them out.

Tom Barrett said...

Don't know much about the poem, but you have a great start with this sketch. Look forward to seeing the color version.

Candace Trew Camling said...

I love the depth in the owl's eyes! Cute characters.

kathy hare said...

Lisa, this is a lovely interpretation of 'the owl and the pussycat', it is such a gorgeous poem to illustrate. I can't wait to see your colour version.. :)