Thursday, October 2, 2008

Watercolor Wednesdays - Moon Snail


This weeks prompt at Watercolor Wednesday was "Snail" and I decided to be quite literal with it.  The above illustration is of a Moon Snail. These creatures are found around the world  and when fully expanded the actual animal is several times larger than its shell. They are more active at night feeding mostly on clams and other snails. 
Thanks for stopping by today and come back again tomorrow when I will post some pictures of the embellished journals I have been working on this week.

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
your new header is wonderful and i love your snail!
i cannot wait to see the journals!
xo
melissa

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Melissa, I had fun with creating the new header... maybe now it will lead to something fun with each new holiday season. =)

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa....love this piece!!! and I love your new look to your banner...wonderful!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend..

Hugs
Diana

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Great texture on that shell!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I do like banner too... think i will miss it when Halloween is over!

Thanks for your comments on the Moon Snail Shell Chrissy... hope all is well. =)

marianne said...

Beautiful snail!
I once used them in a mandala, I think all animals are inspirational!
Have a nice day Lisa!