Monday, November 10, 2008

Do Something Arty Challenge


I have been getting back into painting with gouache again and I must admit, it feels really good. Since this spring, I have been feeling the pull of various projects and "wearing" all sorts of hats - but lately, it seems that I am setting aside more time for Lisa the artist. 
Too often, we feel the need to please.  We have to please the editor, art director, publisher, client, rep, etc... but when are we able to just do something entirely for ourselves? 
Try to make time to do something just for you... and I don't mean getting out to a movie, or snuggling in bed with a book. I am putting out the challenge to do something arty just for you. Sit down and create a new piece of art - not to put in your portfolio, to sell at a fair or to give to Aunt Sally for Christmas... do it to keep, just for you.
This is what I made today, just for me. It's a small painting that I have sitting propped on my desk in my studio to remind me of the reason I wanted to become an artist in the first place. 

Happy Monday everyone and I will be watching for your posts in regards to my Do Something Arty Challenge. =) 

7 comments:

Dot said...

heh, i was just thinking i needed to pull out the paints again too :)

your store looks great by the way!

marianne said...

Wow your painting is certainly beautiful!
Love the simplicity of just a few colors. Coincidentally I just finished something with other colors than I usually use; grey (not really my color, but I loved working with it though).
Most of the time I am working on a birth mandala but not at this moment so I am trying other things like the mini mandalas and postcards, so I can try paint pencils and watercolor.
I will take on your challenge Lisa and do something just for me.
The birches you did for yourself are fantastic! I would say you have to do this more often.
Thanks for bringing this idea into my mind. I'll let you know when it is finished.
hug >M<

carminemag said...

That's a great idea. I really need to do that!

Lisa M Griffin said...

I think everyone should pull out the paints again, Dot!

Can't wait to see what you come up with Marianne, I am sure it will be superb.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
what a wonderful post! i love your painting!
xo
melissa

Jennifer said...

Great idea, Lisa! And a lovely painting, too. :-)

marianne said...

You have been tagged!