Thursday, November 20, 2008

IF - Pretend and Art Stop Challenge


It has been some time since I have been able to create an illustration for IF and this week, I just squeaked in. I LOVE the theme "Pretend" and managed to submit a pencil sketch for it. Hopefully, in the coming weeks, I will find some extra time to work on a color wash to complete this composition since I am really happy with the direction that it is going in. So, let's pretend for a moment... it would be so much fun to be a Woodland Fairy and help with the changing of the seasons as well as caring for all the creatures who live in the forrest, and the ability to make magic and fly! 
Oh course, this l'il woodland fairy would have made lasting friendships with many animals, so I am also entering my sketch into the Daily Art Stop weekly challenge "Friendship". Diana has developed this great new blog filled with lots of goodies, so be sure to stop by and check out her new creation. She is always a delight, so I know you won't be disappointed.

15 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa...this is a great piece....and I can't wait to see it in colour too...

I am so thrilled that you're participating in the Daily Art Stop blog....and I am having so much fun with it too....

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs
Diana

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!

what a wonderful new drawing!

I love it!

xo
melissa

Femmy said...

what a great drawing!!!

NANCY LEFKO said...

what a beautiful sketch that suits both challenges...

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much everyone!

Sherry said...

This sketch is AWESOME! Can't wait to see it in color.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa....I just got my special pendant in the mail!!! and thank you for the special card...you are one of the sweetest people I have every met....I love it and will post about it soon!!!

Hugs and thanks for mailing it!!!

Hugs
Diana

marianne said...

What a sweet couple! Would like to see it in color but nice to see it in steps!
Sweet sweet sweet!

Alicia PadrĂ³n said...

I really like this Lisa! It is very cute. Love the squirrel :o)

Eric Barclay said...

Wonderful illustration!

I enjoyed reading about you on your 'tagged' post. I agree with you 100% on meatloaf.

studio lolo said...

sweet and magical Lisa! I adore squirrels :)

Candace Trew Camling said...

cute ! I did a squirrel this week too!
This is really nice! Great details.

Kate said...

Wonderful illustration, and I enjoyed your list of 7 facts.

Dot said...

really cute!

Bella Sinclair said...

What an enchanting drawing! Oh, I'd love to be a woodland fairy right now. But to have even the squirrels be humongous next to me would take some time getting used to, though. :)