Friday, November 7, 2008

What I have been up to.





Ahhh, it feels good to have a moment to sit down, update my blog and post again. Since returning from vacation, there has been a lot to catch up with between projects, committees, family/friends and activities. At times, it felt like I didn't have a chance to come up for air, let alone do a load of laundry (bleck)! Now that am I caught up (more or less) I wanted to share one of the projects I have been working on. This summer, I began working on my altered journals and puzzle charm art. They were met with such a wonderful response, that I wanted to create more for a...... wait for it....... ETSY SHOP! Yes, I have finally joined the growing ranks of all you talented folks and decided to take a leap of fate and try my hand at an Etsy Shop of my own. 

Posted today is my store logo design and a few items I am working on.... so any of your thoughts on them would be truly appreciated. My goal is to offer a variety of hand-crafted items based on whatever flight of creative fancy life takes me... who knows what you will find? 
There is a small notepad on a ring that uses recycled, quality, acid-free papers in a variety of weights and colors. The cover is embellished with gems and metallic paint then covered with a layer of modge podge. The first pad that I designed is clipped to one of my bags. It's incredibly handy to have when you need to write down a phone number, jot down an appointment or sketch an idea. The puzzle piece charms are all hand-painted, original works of art - no two will ever be alike, and it is a great way to recycle objects.  It's exciting to think about having my own ETSY shop online and would love any thoughts, tips or comments on this. Thanks so much for coming by today and have a great weekend.


7 comments:

Diana Evans said...

HI Lisa!!!! I am so thrilled you're back to updating your blog!!! we all missed you...but it looks like you have been very busy with some wonderful new art...how exciting....I am so excited that you decided to jump on the Etsy Band Wagon!!! hehehee ...it is so much fun and a wonderful network of artists and shoppers...you will love it and be addicted in no time....

You new items will be s huge hit...I have never seen anything like it and I love your banner...what a neat concept!!!

Hugs and I wish you all the best...

Diana

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hi Diana! Thanks for all your positive well wishes... I do hope to find my own niche on Etsy and it is rather addicting to me already.
Good to be back to the blog as well, I missed everyone and can't believe how much has transpired with many of you guys! =)

Dot said...

that is really cool, congrats, Lisa! Hey, I'll be doing a Holiday Links page on Dabbled, linking to indie craft, if you're interested: http://www.dabbled.org/2008/11/holiday-craft-and-art-at-dabbled.html

Fannie said...

Congrats on your Etsy shop opening! I'll need to hop over and see your treasures. Just in time for my Christmas shopping! ;-D

Melissa and Emmitt said...

lisa!
how exciting! i love you new pieces and cannot wait to see your etsy shop. what is the url so i can favortie it?
xo
melissa

marianne said...

Hi Lisa,
Good to see you again!
Can´t wait to see your Etsy shop!
I will be a succes I know!
Your new items are fun!
The little book cute!
Have a nice weekend

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Pieces Of Me is going to be a hit!!!! You are so very talented Lisa Lord know you are. Congrats on you doing your thing and opening up your Etsy shop. I know that you are going to very, very well Honey! It's just great to have you back.