Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lovely ATC & New Photos






First and foremost, I would like to say THANK YOU to Marianne for the lovely ATC that is pictured above. I traded with her a few weeks ago and was so thrilled to receive this particular piece. Now I am on the hunt for the perfect frame... something in burnished gold, perhaps? It will be cherished and is on display in my studio to inspire me daily.
Lately, I have been busy sketching but also designing. Lots of fun design projects have come my way and that has been taking up a lot of my studio time. In the midst of it, was school vacation week and I was able to get away for day with the family on a trip to Boston. We were blessed with gorgeous and downright balmy New England weather during our trip, which made our time there even better. A favorite spot of ours, The New England Aquarium is where we spent our morning and I have some fun photographs to share as well. I love taking pictures and then using them to influence my work... a few of these shots will certainly end up in my sketch pad.
Thanks for popping in today. =)

6 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

These are awesome photographs....we also love the NE Aquarium. If you ever find yourself in Chicago, definitely go to the Shedd Aquarium....what an experience !!!

Yes, I think you're right about tomorrow....another school snow day....on top of all these days they've already missed. Yikes !!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I didn't know that you did photography as well!!! These are just fabulous! I loved each and every photo. They are works of art. I love the jelly fish. I'm still trying to figure out why something so beautiful has to be so deadly. Go figure! This was such a treat. Thanks so much for sharing! Stay warm!

Diana Evans said...

Helloooooooo Lisa!!! where have you been?? We have all missed you....I love your new art and the photos are amazing!!! I have a thing for sea turtles...

Thanks for sharing...

Hugs
Diana

Candace Trew Camling said...

I always love your photos SO much. I am so crappy at taking pictures of animals especially, so I totally appreciate the fish and sea creatures.
ATC's are addictive! and your drawing/poem page is awesome!!

Chrissy Fanslau said...

Wonderful pictures! I love the sea turtle.

marianne said...

Glad you like the ATC! I love yours! I also must find a frame but these sizes are not so easy....
Love the pictures, they look like underwater pictures..... how did you do that, that you don´t see any reflection of the glass?
hug !