Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Spunky


It has been too long since I have posted and checked in with so many of my blogland friends and I have missed it so much. Sometimes LIFE just gets in the way, but all in a good way. Regardless, I will be posting and checking in more then I have of late. Today, I did want to post a link to the finish of the illo I did for SPUNKY, a story in the months issue of Stories for Children magazine. You may recognize the wolf in the final from my sketch below. Thankfully, my sketchbook is starting to fill up again and I promise to post some of the roughs I have been working on later this week, my favorites of which have been items I am working on for the Wibbly Wobbly Woods.
I hope everyone is having a productive and creative summer so far. The sun is trying to desperately peak through the clouds here today and I hope it does - seen a bit more rain then I would have hoped for this summer already. =)
Thanks for peaking in on me and have a great day.

8 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa!!! great to hear from you...I love this piece...wow ...congrats on getting this piece in a magazine...how wonderful!!!! Summer is so much fun and we are always doing something these days....

Hugs
Diana

ValGalArt said...

Hi Lisa! Good to hear you are having a productive and creative summer! This is a wonderful image, your animals are really taking shape and I can't wait to see more :)

Carli said...

it looks good. I hope that poor little lamb gets away. I know exactly what you are saying about life getting in the way. we've been so busy this summer

kathy hare said...

lovely work Lisa, there is a real atmosphere of imminent danger in this illustration..

Carli said...

Check out my blog I am doing a giveaway to celebrate Nikki Shoemaker's new book, "What's Wrong with Mud"

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for your comments! I think this summer may be a creative exploration for many of us. =)

Eric Barclay said...

Beautiful work- love that rich green. Hope the little lamb has some wicked ninja skills!

marianne said...

So nice to see the end result as well!!!
lovely illo.
Great it is published in a book!