Friday, September 25, 2009

perspective


I love those moments when something special occurs to my mindset. Usually prompted by a person, event, discussion or or even a good read and then click, things just seem to fall into place. Like a fog has lifted and my perspective on life clears. When I stop asking - am I doing the right thing, am I on the right path?
I had a moment like that last night when I read an essay that my daughter wrote at school which not only made me smile, but brought tears to my eyes. I was blessed with a wonderful feeling that yes, I am doing things right. That all the long nights, stressed out moments, mom guilt and constant balancing act between family and work has been worth it and will still be worth it. =)

"MOM" by A.G.
My mom is very creative, helpful and clever. She is creative because she makes me jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, hats and scarves. She helps me with my homework and she tests me on my spelling words. Mom is clever because she makes very good food. She drives me to places all the time. I want to be like my mom.

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend.

12 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

What an awesome post Lisa. Talk about perspective. This is that and more. I could really feel the mother's heart in this. After burying a baby, now that Zoe is here, I check on her often even at 9 years old. Yes it's true, trying to do it all and getting all done on time or close to it can take it's messy toll on us, but there are moments that you and I realize that it's worth all this and more. Great illustration and moment captured. Thanks so much for sharing your heart.
Hugs to you and the fam,
V

NANCY LEFKO said...

OK, it brought tears to my eyes too! What more can you ask than those beautiful words from your child....wonderful !! Have a great weekend.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Vanessa- I had no idea about your baby. No matter how many years that go by, it is still a loss that will always be felt.

Oh a mothers heart, so complicated, so full of love and so determined. It is nice to be in touch with so many creative, blogging artists - many of whom are parents that can relate to this struggle.

Nancy - isn't it amazing how a few words can touch so deep? I will cherish this essay always, especially when she hits the teen years and doesn't think mom is cool at all!

kj said...

hello lisa, thank you for your visit and comment on my blog. i HAVE tried TJ's carmelized onion pizza--i love it too!

your illustrations are wonderful. i especially liked your birch trees--the color green popped just right.

this post explains why you understood mine. and i see we're new england neighbors. i'll welcome your return visit any time.

ps every once in a while i quietly sneak into vanessa's blog. you and she deserve every success!

xo

Bella Sinclair said...

Awwwww, Lisa. How incredibly heartwarming. Yes, something like that definitely makes up for those days of mommy-stress. And your illustration of her is so very loving and sweet. She is an amazing little girl. Job well done.

Lisa M Griffin said...

KJ, thanks for stopping by and I will be sure to visit again.

Bella, you too... I always enjoy your visits and glad that you were heartwarmed. =)

ValGalArt said...

This is so special and charming! What a dear and you too :) Thank you for sharing this and this is good for IF patterns, the blankie has such pretty patterns and colours!

Judy Mackey said...

I enjoyed your post - and lovely essay.

Have a lovely weekend,

Judy

roberta baird said...

Aaaw Lisa.... what a treasure... a true gift from a sweet little girl to her mom!!

Peter Breese said...

Very nice.

Dot said...

Lovely post. Sorry it's been a while since i stopped by... I'm trying to catch up!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh what a beautiful post! it made my cry! you are the best mom and you have a very special girl!