Wednesday, October 21, 2009

jewelry




As the weather grows cooler here in New England, I become more focused on the approaching holidays. While Halloween is always a wonderful time, I do find my thoughts wondering more and more to Christmas... the behemoth of holidays! Since Christmas just happens to be my favorite holiday and knowing how busy I will be during December (those holiday cookies and candies don't just make themselves), I do my very best to begin working on presents early. Last year, I was neck deep in scarves, this year it has been (wait for it).... jewelry! I must admit that during my down-time, all I want to do is grab my round nose pliers and dig into my stash of gemstones, metals and freshwater pearls! Isn't it fun to be creative, no matter what the medium?

Enjoy, thanks for stopping by to visit and have a wonderful afternoon. =)

5 comments:

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Lisa!!! these jewels are aamzing and your photos are perfect to hightlight the wonderful and creative work!!!

Hugssssssssss
Diana

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! These are simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! OMG!!!! HOW ABSOLUTELY FABU! You've got talent eeking out of your pores girly. These are some really wonderful pieces. I see you have been really busy. I know cause I am too. I wanted to come by and tell you how comforting your message was to me on yesterday. You touched my heart in ways that you will never know. Thanks so much for being a support to me even in this disappointment.Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana & Vanessa-
I am thankful for you both and always enjoy your visits. =)

PS Vanessa, I think that publisher should see your blog page and the amount of uproar that was caused over your story. It also reminds me of an interview with Maurice Sendak in which he shares the history of Where the Wild Things Are and how hard it was to get that story published! Can you imagine?

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh your jewelry is fabulous!
you are so right! any medium that bring you joy is so fun!

have a great weekend!

marianne said...

They look gorgeous Lisa!
Good you work ahead, that's smart.
Here we have a lovely autumn day, Christmas isn't on my mind yet.....
Enjoy being creative and have a nice weekend!