Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Poster Design


One of my favorite things about the upcoming holiday season is seeing the Nutcracker performed. I just love this timeless, whimsical story as well as the music of Tchaikovsky - pure magic! It should remind us all that there should always be room for dancing, laughter and most importantly, boundless imagination in our lives.

This project was a joy. I discussed my concept with the creative director/owner of the dance company and conducted the shoot with some of the dancers. Back to the studio where I worked the images into this dreamy landscape.

Still keeping quite busy - the design work is rolling in while I manage to work sketches for (2) children's stories. I would love to have some pencil drafts soon... or at least sneak peaks, with the clients approval. I hope everyone is well, and plan on doing some "visiting" over my morning coffee tomorrow. Have a great night.

8 comments:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Lisa, You are keep busy and that is awesome. Me too and I'm not complaining either he he he! This design is magnificent!!! Really great! You make me want to come and see it! The presentation is wonderful. Hope that all is well with you and the little one! Hugs my friend.

NANCY LEFKO said...

Lovely work, Lisa! What a fun project it must have been.

Diana Evans said...

oh wow!!! wonderful work Lisa and I love that you are so busy!!!

I love the holiday season!!!

Hugs
Diana

Fannie said...

BEautiful design, Lisa! Awesome. It feels like Christmas . . . thanks for sharing. Keep doing what you're doing. Continued success in all you're doing and wishes for ongoing future projects. Have a great weekend.

ValGalArt said...

Hi Lisa! Good things you are making and so nice to see what you are up to. :) big hugs, valgal

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi lisa!
oh what a fabulous poster you created!

i love it!

happy sunday!

xoxox
melissa

marianne said...

You made a perfect cover there. The loves shows through.....

Glad you are busy with fun work. Wish you succes and can't wait to see what you have been creating!

Take care

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

what a great project!!!