Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Day!

Bauer has landed! I am so excited to announce "My Dog Bauer is a Thief" is now available on Amazon.com. This is the first children's book I have illustrated where the author gave me a wide berth on the creative freedom front, so it is truly a project close to my heart.
Thank you to all my blog friends for your encouragement and cheer with this project. It seems bittersweet now that it is officially completed and out in the world for all to see/read/comment/evaluate... etc! Hopefully the reviews will be positive, since it is such a charming childrens story.
Now I am moving on and finishing up the final sketches for my next childrens story. Hoping to start some spot illo's this week. Have a great day and I will see you around the blog-o-sphere! ;)

10 comments:

Eric Barclay said...

Did you hear a loud "woo hoo!" from the direction of Texas? That was me. I am so excited for you-- the cover illustration is beautiful. Your new website looks great, too. Yay!!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much Eric. I am really excited and hope the book does well. PS and thanks for the ole texan Woo Hoo! ;)

Diana Evans said...

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrray!!!! that is wonderful Lisa!!! I have to head over and check it out!!!

Congrats on the book!!! very exciting indeed!!!!

hugs
Diana

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana! ;)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Let's all do the happy dance! This is super duper news Lisa. Oh girl you've works so hard and looks it's paying off. I love this wonderful cover. It's fabulous! I love that dog. Oh if he isn't the cutest ever! Great job. I am doing the happy dance in my chair. I know the book is going to do great. Think the best thoughts! Hugs to you girlfriend!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Vanessa! I am still on a high today about it and the kids were loving the copies we rec'd. Will have to post pictures. ;)

Bobo said...

What a great news! Congratulation! Meow~~

Bella Sinclair said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

Oh, that is GREAT news. Congratulations! The cover looks so wonderful and makes me want to giggle. Awwww! I am going to go check it out! :D

peggy aplSEEDS said...

wow! congratulations! thank you for following me!

Tina said...

Congratulations Lisa!!!! So excited for you.
Take care,
Tina :-)