Monday, August 23, 2010

listen to your inner voice

Sometimes it isn't always easy to hear that inner voice, many times it is just a whisper rather than a shout. When I do listen to that voice and give it my full attention it rarely leads me down the wrong path, but rather brings me further into my own creative progression.

Art is constantly evolving, as do the artists who create the art. What you see on your screen today is part of this creative evolution. It was time to bring more to my seat at the blogger table... something that other creatives could sink their teeth into and (hopefully) walk away with a belly full of inspiration.

Plan on stopping in for a visit and bring a big appetite. Dig in with some mouthwatering art, reviews, tips, industry news, monthly artist interviews and giveaways. The menu may have changed, but the friendly service stays the same. I will continue to keep you abreast of my progress in the studio with WIPs, promotions and more. And if there is something you would like to see added to the menu, just email me. Got a tip to share? A new product? Or an artist idea for the monthly highlight? Send me a message or leave a comment with your suggestion. And speaking of artist highlight... I will be kicking off my very first one next Wednesday, September 1st with the extremely talented and oh so lovely Vanessa Brantley Newton!

Hope you are all excited about what is to come, I know that I am. Stop in this Wednesday for a new WIP and Friday for Tips on Creative Routines. Have a great Monday! ;)

12 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

sounds fabulous!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Nancy!

Krista said...

Hooray! What fun-- I'll be checking back often!

Shirley said...

How awesome, Lisa! I love your inspired, positive post here..and kudos to you for allowing us all to partake. You are starting your first artist highlight with one of THE MOST special people in the world. She has been an inspiration and one of my first blog buddies who has become one dear, dear friend. Not only does she shine in her artistic abilities, but she shines as a human being. Love her much..and I will be back to enjoy your posts. Thank you for such a treat this morning!! Congratulations on your endeavor!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks guys! I am feeling really positive about this new endeavor and hope it will be helpful. AND yes, Shirley, Vanessa is amazing!!!

michele said...

What a delightful blog you have designed! I'm looking forward to returning to see what's in store for the next few weeks! My pups and I love your new promo cards! Thanks for visiting my blog this morning, it was a cheerful greeting to start the week!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for stopping by Michele, and for the positive feedback.

Jeniffer said...

Great advice! Love your blog. I'm so glad I stopped by.
(thanks for visiting mine too, Nancy was a great interviewee)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Hey Lisa!! I just got back from North Carolina and couldn't wait to come over and check out your Blog!! IT'S WONDERFUL!!! I love your posting and this really stands to be something that will encourage and uplift other illustrators and artist as well! What a great idea Lisa and who is this Vanessa person you are talking about????? he he he he he! You are so sweet my friend and I hope that it will inspire our fellow artist and illustrators out here. Thanks for letting me share my little story. I really appreciate it so much and was more than happy to help kick off the new blog! God Bless Girly!
Hugs
V

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for visiting Jennifer, and I hope you do come back for more.

Vanessa my dear! Welcome home, so happy your are as excited by the changes as I am, and very happy to have you kick off the new blog with your great interview. You are the best!!!

Fay Akers said...

okay I'll check in to see what you offer.

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Lisa!!! this is fantastic!!! I need to listen to my inner voice more often too!!!