Thursday, January 6, 2011

WIP - Children's Book Illustration


Happy New Year!! So exciting, like a blank canvas 2011 is spread before me ready and waiting. I always like getting the new year off on the right foot and have been doing A LOT of organizing and creative brainstorming on how to improve and expand my artistic endeavors. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and is feeling fresh and creatively renewed.
Since I was pretty much absent during the month of December with deadlines looming, guests, and holiday festivities... I am trying to incorporate better time management for my blog into 2011. While I would love to be here with you all everyday, it is not a schedule I can manage. Hopefully you will continue to pop in and forgive my delinquent posts and visits. I promise to at least post weekly! :)

For now I leave you with a WIP from the childrens book I am about 70% through. By the end of the month the illustrations will be finished! I can't wait to see this charming story in print. And if you haven't had a moment to check out the Artist Highlight from December, please do. Fannie gave an amazing and inspiring interview that you won't want to miss!

4 comments:

Diana Evans said...

oh this character is so so cute Lisa!!!! what a fun piece....

Congrats on the new book!!!! and Happy New Year!!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Diana! :)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy happy new year lisa!
oh your illustrations are amazing!
i am so excited to see all the wonderful things you will continue to create this year!
xoxoxo
m & e

artbyakiko said...

Your artwork for the children's book is so cute.
Have a great year!