Wednesday, March 16, 2011

day 10

More animal sketches from my self-imposed 365 creative project. Already it is becoming a habit... sometimes spending 5 minutes on a quick rendering, other times longer. The important fact of the matter is the commitment to do it everyday - which I have done for 10 days now. Babysteps, I know, but rewarding nonetheless. A great side note - the sketches and renderings often lead to other forms of art or other purposes of art, so this project has become a stepping stone (of sorts) for me creatively in expanding into even more ideas and new pieces. For example today a did several sketches of animals and insects, working on ideas that I plan to try out in polymer clay. It is a process I have not done in the past... 2D to 3D but one that is really fun to see come to fruition.


shown above: harbor seal #7, pairs mouse #6, rough sketch of Tapir #5 - lisa m griffin

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Your sketches are great! I'm glad you're finding other ways to incorporate your sketches. I would like to see the little clay figures when you are done.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks, and yes, I will be posting some of those clay figures when I am finished on them. :)

marianne said...

Lovely sketches!
Indeed all we do leads to something......
What a challenge!

Della said...

I love your seal! He is so perfect. You are quite the artist, lady!

Lisa M Griffin said...

thanks so much ladies. :)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OOOH I love the sketch process. So many beautiful things can be birthed at that time. This is wonderful. I love seeing the sketches and then the work. Somethings remain the same while others change. Hope that all is well with you and the children and Hubby. It's warming up and I am ready for it.
Big Warm hugs to you.
V