Monday, March 7, 2011

Starting the week off right.

Monday, Monday. 
Where. To. Begin.
I don't know about you, but in my mind, Monday looms like some great big, hairy, motivation stealing monster. So many projects...  what to tackle first. Sketches? Laundry? Emails? Promotion? Errands?

One of the hardest things for me is to remain balanced (and I am not talking yoga). I walk the line daily, spreading myself between family, home, office, volunteering and... oh yeah, wait a minute... me!
Balance is an elusive creature. Followed in close second by the oh so finicky, Motivation and the all important, Inspiration.

As a result, I keep my eyes and ears open for items that will assist me in my quest for a Balanced Life. And here are a few things that I have recently come across and thought to share.
First is the blog Simple Mom. What a great source of inspiration for how to get organized.  I am taking part in a challenge that begins today called Project:Simply. See for yourself... a great what to kick start your spring cleaning  and a step in the right direction to a more organized home.

Next - a few books: Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun and Writing Down Your Soul. (Both on Amazon or Barnes and Noble). I ordered both and can't wait to have them in hand.

And last but not least, I am going to step up to the plate and attempt a 365 day creative challenge. I have been in awe of so many of you who have already participated in one. Now it's my turn. Let's see if I can make such a commitment, to my art and myself. 7 days a week, no matter what - no matter where. Sounds fantastic and ummmm, a bit daunting. From what I've read, the best way to begin is to keep it simple and choose a subject or medium that is really enjoyable to you. I want to keep my medium open, so that left subject matter. After some thought, the one topic I kept coming back to was, animals. It's a broad subject, but something I have always held close to heart and certainly plenty of inspiration for 365 days of work.
Realistically, I can't post my daily efforts. I will be honest and won't fib if I miss a day... pinky swear. It will be fun to share with you what I come up with from piece #1 right on through to #365.

Looks like I caught Motivation by the tail, now I just have to hold on and enjoy the ride. :)




4 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Lisa!!!! what a great read!!!! I always take Mondays as a me day....to focus and figure out my priorities....love this!!! and your 365 day project !!! I so look forward to it!!!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks so much Diana. Love your take on Mondays too... it would be a great habit to get into. And of course, you totally inspired with your painting a day project.
I kick started mine with some polymer clay today... will take pics later! :)

Fay Akers said...

good luck on the challenge. I'm having a hard time getting motivated lately. Perhaps when spring arrives.

Lisa M Griffin said...

I know Fay, motivation can be fleeting. But I think this challenge is just the thing to get those creative juices flowing all year long. Good to see you pop by. :)