Sunday, May 1, 2011

Upcycled, painted inspirations

A quick post on this lovely Sunday. I am sorry for being delinquent of late, spring has been busy and I have been working hard at finalizing the childrens book, getting promotions updated and painting. Here are some of my favorite "mini paintings" that have come out of the studio. I call them "Pieces of Inspiration" and they truly are... I keep them nearby to remind me of the positive effects of art. A very dear friend told me that surrounding myself with things that inspire me will keep me motivated and creatively charged. I am lucky to have this angel on my shoulder as she truly gave me the push I needed to keep digging deeper.
Have a wonderful weekend and be sure to surround yourself with things that make YOU happy!

15 comments:

marianne said...

Great pieces Lisa!!!Wonderful reminders.
Yes sometimes life is busy. Well you are busy with fun things, the book ;)

Have a nice week!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks Marianne, sometimes we all need that little positive reminder to keep us in line. ;)

Krista said...

What a lovely thought, pieces of inspiration right there at your fingertips!

Pop Art Minis said...

These are awesome! Great little reminders!

Archie and Melissa said...

oh these are fabulous lisa!
i LOVE them!

Teri C said...

That is great advice and by the looks of what is there, you are!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks ladies... and puppy! :)

Diana Evans said...

oh Lisa!!! these look wonderful....love the positive notes on them!!!!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!!

The Remodeled Life said...

You are so talented!! I love these little inspirations!!

Susan Drawbaugh said...

Hi Lisa,
Your work is great! I'm curious, I also am an illustrator and my medium is most often Prismacolored pencils with Pantone markers. I'm always beating myself up for how long a piece takes me - do you ever have this issue?

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Susan: I do think that my techinque/style of watercolor and prisma is time consuming but I do love the end result. I do relate to your question though, often I have wondered if paring down and tweaking my style might be worth looking into... not just to cut back on time involved but to see what creative direction it would move me to.
Thanks for the visit and question. :)

Sandy Ang said...

these are so wonderful altered pieces. i can think of how great they would look are journalling on layouts. TFS

Eric Barclay said...

These are wonderful!

Dean H. said...

Wonderfully innovative, Lisa!
Your muse is alive and well. :)