Thursday, June 2, 2011

IF - Asleep

watercolor and pencil illustration from "Deanna's Doll" by Lisa M Griffin

This immediately came in mind for Illustration Friday's theme ASLEEP. It was an illustration that I did for a client. It was part of an educational curriculum series, and featured in the story Deanna's Doll. As a mom there is something comforting about watching your child sleep... not only because they look so peaceful but because they are quiet! ;)

Hope everyone is having a creative and productive week. Voting ends for my shop on Heartsy today... if you could please go and vote for me here. Thanks!

12 comments:

Della said...

Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping child? Even a little terror has the most angelic face while sleeping :)

Rabbit Town Animator said...

A very nice drawing :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hee-Hee, agreed Della!

And thanks for the visit.

Arizona Girls said...

Thats so pretty!! I love the vivid colors! =) And not a kitty paw to be seen! =)

Thanks for stopping by my blog =)

I'm a new follower on GFC =)

Lisa M Griffin said...

No, there were no "kitty accidents" during this piece. :)
Thanks for the visit and signing on ase my 100th follow!

Diana Evans said...

You know that watching Cole sleep is the way I end each and every night....I love it and your piece is so beautiful!!!! WOnderful work Lisa!!!!

Sher said...

What a great picture! It is nice to see the kids sleeping especially after a long and active day.

Just voted again. GOOD LUCK!!!! I hope you get the feature.

PS...Your colors are so pretty.

Krista said...

So beautiful, Lisa!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks for all the feedback Ladies. And I figured that this illo would resonate with many of the moms out there. ;)

Have a wonderful weekend.

anamaria_nedelcu2013 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joni Nickrent said...

Peacefully Perfect! Awesome! voted too! Good Luck!

Crystal Cook said...

I love that illustration. :) And you are so right about the sleeping child thing.