Saturday, June 11, 2011

Inspiration

watercolor illustration by Lisa M Griffin
Inspiration (noun):
1. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity. 2. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
Pencil illustration by Ryan G. Griffin
As an artist, inspiration is a word that is quite familiar. It is a word that can bring joy... particularly in a moment of clarity, or woe when it is an elusive creature hiding in the shadows of our creative conscious. Lately, I have been surrounded by inspiration, some that I have created and kept at hand... truly my studio is surrounded by objects, paintings, cards, photos and music that are meant to keep me going, but I have also found some new blogs that have brought fresh insight. So read on for my personal, inspirational shares. I hope you find something to ignite your create spark and stimulate your soul, or maybe just tickle your funny bone. ;)

New Inspired Blog Finds:
All-time Favorites:
Pieces of Inspiration "Happy" set of upcycled puzzle pieces

Feel free to share some of your favorite & inspiring links in the comments section. Have a great weekend!
 


15 comments:

Joni Nickrent said...

Wonderful share and very inspiring sites!

lissa said...

sweet drawings. I think inspiration is everywhere but I find there's more and more coming from the blogosphere and it's so nice to meet them as some are so far away from me.

hope you have a lovely day.

(visiting here from Sweet Saturday.)

Lisa M Griffin said...

I agree Lissa, there is a lot to be inspired by in the world online and around us.

Thanks for the visit and JONI congrat's again on your Licensing gig!

Betsy Grant said...

Love your blog. I am a musician who blogs about creativity. Please visit me at freetospeakblog.blogspot.com

Christine said...

sweet tribute to inspiration today!

WrightStuff said...

Ooh thanks for sharing - I love exciting links.

I've just discovered Pinterest. It's worth a visit for inspiring images. This week I've been compiling a board of some of my favourite artists.

http://pinterest.com/lisawright/

Bella Sinclair said...

Gorgeous dragonfly, and Ryan's drawing is ADORABLE!

Oooh, you have some of my most favorite blogs here. Definitely great inspirations. I'm going to explore these new ones too. Thanks!

Stacie Tamaki said...

Hi Lisa,

I'm the author of The Flirty Blog. Thanks so much for sharing it with your readers!

Was taking a peek at your blog and love that you have launched your art challenge to yourself. You are inspiring me to be want to be a fine artist again. Life has been so busy the past couple of decades I've completely given up drawing and painting, my two greatest loves as a child. Maybe I can set aside a little time each day even if it's only 5 minutes to work on one drawing all year! :)

Thanks again, will be dropping back by from now on.

Lisa M Griffin said...

So happy to read that you are being inspired and motivated by your visits! Stay positive and keep creating! :)

Rely said...

thanks for stopping by my blog :)
love this blog-post about inspiration!

Penelope said...

I'll check them out, thanks!

DoodleDesign said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog, I'm so glad you dropped by :) Love your watercolor piece and all the best!

marianne said...

Oh that first watercolor and quote! You should make cards of this one! So wonderful.
I will click on some of your links. Yes inspiration is always welcome :)
Thanks for including my link dear♥
Your blog is part of my inspiration list as well!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear that inspiration is alive and well with all my creative friends. :)

Eric Barclay said...

Thanks so much for the kind words - your art always makes me happy.